It is clear that the considerations of migrating to an eCommerce model are many and it can be difficult to easily visualize the value of this and the benefits it can have for the company, therefore, the idea is to be able to comment a little on this.
In the first instance, one of the greatest benefits is that adopting a B2B eCommerce model will change the commercial model, as we mentioned in previous articles, the traditional sales model has great limitations since it is restricted to the capacity of the staff, for the on the contrary, eCommerce is a channel that operates 24/7 without any restrictions, which in principle should improve the productivity of the company.
Other benefits are:
Reduction of maintenance costs:
An e-commerce platform like everything in a digital architecture, requires continuous maintenance by the IT team or the provider that developed the solution to guarantee maximum performance, however, as this architecture As it "gets old", it is clear that the requirements for support, maintenance and related costs will start to increase, therefore, updating the architecture will minimize expenses for reasons such as:
- The license, which being standard software allows easier maintenance.
- API-based architecture enables faster and smoother integrations.
- Software compatible with updates, security patches and bug fixes.
- Cloud-based architecture that eliminates the maintenance and costs of a local infrastructure.
- Value added services such as CDN,firewall and system performance monitoring are part of the license and are preconfigured which guarantees optimal performance.
- Improved catalog that allows offering more products and is easy to manage.
Other characteristics of these modern platforms for which there are lower maintenance costs is that updates, expansion of functionalities or new features can be easily implemented by the internal IT team or the provider that implemented the platform, with the advantage of that rarely should be canceled, which avoids losses in sales.
An ROI study carried out by Adobe established that large companies that used Magento Commerce licenses for a period of 3 years, saved an average of $ 220 thousand dollars by acquiring available modules instead of having to develop from scratch with internal resources or external. In addition, many companies manage to save more by having a single flexible platform with the ability to support multiple stores for audiences, eliminating the need for separate B2B and B2C solutions.
Newer solutions support more efficient content creation, another way that platform modernization reduces operating costs by streamlining content creation and publishing, as new platforms are developed in such a way. so that the creation of content does not require special coding or technical skills, therefore companies from the commercial department it self can manage most of the management, creating a faster step from the idea to the publication of the content and reducing dependency of you.
Other features of content creation are:
- It allows to accelerate the development process of the platform since a drag and drop interface can be used to build the page.
- Review and approve changes in the entire user experience with preview and in real time.
- Automation of the publication schedules of special offers and promotions, in fact,it can be left previously programmed with a full month of planning.
The great value that a company can find in the B2B eCommerce model is clear, as well as we understandthat it can be challenging to face this great change.