Let's find out how B2B platforms are becoming more important every day and also let's understand what are these platforms used for and how do they differ from B2C platforms?
Not all companies focus on selling their products to a larger number of customers, some prefer to sell a larger amount of product, but to a reduced number of customers and this is where B2B platforms help to achieve this, since they are used as a platform for sales of products or services between companies through online channels, whose end customers are not the consumer, but other companies.
Most B2B companies deal with processing large amounts of orders to keep their business running and they also need a robust and efficient system to enable this, this is where Magento B2B with all the features it has helps make this possible.
In this article we will compile the important features and functionalities of Magento B2B and the clear differences it has with Magento B2C.
Main features of Magento B2B
Magento B2B allows for everything from different account configurations, quote requests to flexible purchasing, functionalities that make Magento help improve the sales process. These are some of the features that Magento B2B has:
- Company accounts: allows customers to create accounts with special permissions to create sub-accounts and manage them.
- Shared catalogs: multiple catalog views can be created, which can be applied to one or more companies.
- Quick orders: functionality that allows to reduce the time of product assignment to the cart for those users who already know the name or SKU of the products they want to buy.
- Quotes: allows users to request quotes from the administrator for products or sets of products.
- Customer segments: customers can be categorized according to one or more conditions, e.g. customer segments can be created for segmented campaigns by customer type.
Differences between Magento B2B and Magento B2C
In general there are quite a few differences between Magento B2B and Magento B2C both technical and theoretical:
- Customers: The customer bases for B2B companies are other companies consequently consist of fewer customers than B2C. Magento B2B allows you to provide them with a more personalized configuration to those customers.
- Pricing: Prices in Magento B2C are standardized prices with no differences per customer, on the other hand in Magento B2B you can customize prices and special offers according to needs and customers.
- Sales customization: The sales process in Magento B2B is highly customizable unlike Magento B2C which is a standardized sales process.
- Payment options: B2B sales involve large volumes and high transaction amounts, unlike B2C sales, so Magento B2B provides numerous payment options.
Article you may be interested in: The Value of migrating to a B2B eCommerce model.
Magento is a robust platform that can be used for a wide range of business models, both B2B and B2C companies will find that all the features it possesses will benefit them and help their business grow further.