Do you know that you can add reusable and custom content to different areas and pages of your Magento online store easily and efficiently? The “CMS Blocks” are the perfect solution. These are static content blocks that allow you to add text, images, videos, widgets, and more anywhere in your store.
In this article we will show you how useful they are and how you can start creating and using them in your Magento online store.
- What is a CMS Block?
- Why should you use CMS Blocks?
- How to create and use CMS Blocks?
What is a CMS Block?
A CMS block in Magento Commerce is a modular unit of reusable content. These blocks are a way to create content that can be added to different pages and areas in an online store. They can be used to add text, images, videos, widgets, and much more.
Why should you use CMS Blocks?
Here are some of the reasons why you should use blocks:
- Flexibility: Blocks allow you to add and customize content in different areas and pages of the online store. This means that promotional or informational content can be added anywhere in the store.
- Reuse: Blocks can be created once and reused across multiple pages. This is especially useful for content that appears on multiple store pages, such as a promotional banner.
- Version Control: Blocks allow you to version control your content, which means you can easily update your content without having to change it on every page it appears on.
- Personalization: Blocks allow for content customization using the Magento block visual editor. This means that you can easily create content that matches the brand and style of the online store.
How to create and use CMS Blocks?
- To create a block you must first go to the section Content > Elements > Blocks:
In this tab you can see the list of the existing blocks, to create a new block just click on the "Add New Block" button:
You must add a title, an identifier, and the content you want to display in your block. Then press the save button and you will have your block created:
Now that you have your block, you must create a page where you can add it to display it. To do this go to the section Content > Elements > Pages:
In this tab you can see the list of existing pages, to create a new one simply click on the "Add new Page" button:
You must add the title of the page and click on the "Insert Widget" button:
Select the "CMS Static Block" option:
You must select the block you previously created:
Then click on “Insert Widget”:
The code to display that block will be automatically added to your page:
You just must save the changes and now you can see the content block you have created:
In this example we simply add a title element to the block, but remember that you can create blocks with much more elaborate content and styles:
Blocks are a valuable feature in Magento Commerce that allows online store admins to add and customize content flexibly and efficiently. Blocks are easy to create and customize, can be reused across different areas and pages, and allow version control of content. All these factors make blocks a very useful tool to improve the user experience and increase sales of your online store.